Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
(trye am' ter een)
Before taking triamterene,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to triamterene or any other medications (Dyazide, Maxzide).
- do not take triamterene if you are taking amiloride (Midamor), spironolactone (Aldactone), or other medications containing triamterene.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril, (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), and trandolapril (Mavik); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid); nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn); medications for diabetes, or high blood pressure; other diuretics; and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes, gout, kidney stones, or heart, kidney, or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. If you become pregnant while taking triamterene, call your doctor. Do not breastfeed if you are taking triamterene.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking triamterene.
- plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Triamterene may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- muscle weakness or cramps
- slow or irregular heartbeat
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- upset stomach
- extreme tiredness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- lack of energy
- loss of appetite
- pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- flu-like symptoms
- sore throat
- severe dry mouth
- unusual bruising or bleeding