Lotrel (Amlodipine Besylate / Benazepril Hydrochloride)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Amlodipine Besylate / Benazepril Hydrochloride Information
(tran dole' a pril) (ver ap' a mil)Do not take trandolapril and verapamil if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking trandolapril and verapamil, call your doctor immediately.
Before taking trandolapril and verapamil,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to trandolapril, verapamil, benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, moexipril, quinapril, ramipril, or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor if you have diabetes (high blood sugar) and you are taking aliskiren (Tekturna, in Amturnide, Tekamlo, Tekturna HCT). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take trandolapril and verapamil if you have diabetes and you are also taking aliskiren.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially albuterol (Volmax, Proventil [tablets and syrup only], Ventolin [tablets and syrup only]); allopurinol (Zyloprim); antacids; betamethasone (Celestone); carbamazepine (Tegretol); chemotherapy medications; cimetidine (Tagamet); cortisone (Cortone); cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune); dantrolene (Dantrium); dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexone); diuretics ('water pills'); fentanyl (Duragesic); fludrocortisone (Florinef); heart and blood pressure medications such as beta-adrenergic blockers, digoxin (Lanoxin), disopyramide (Norpace), flecainide (Tambocor), procainamide (Procan), and quinidine (Quinaglute, Quinadex); hydrocortisone (Cortef, Hydrocortone); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid); medications that suppress your immune system; medications to treat depression or psychiatric conditions; medications to treat glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye); medications to treat pain; muscle relaxants; methylprednisolone (Medrol); nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; other medications for high blood pressure or diabetes; phenobarbital; phenytoin (Dilantin); potassium supplements; prednisolone (Prelone); prednisone (Deltasone, Orasone); rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane); theophylline; tranquilizers; triamcinolone (Aristocort); and vitamins or herbal products.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart, liver, or kidney disease; a recent heart attack; an irregular heartbeat; muscular dystrophy; gastrointestinal obstruction (strictures); or diabetes.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking trandolapril and verapamil.
- you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how trandolapril and verapamil will affect you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug. Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- sore throat
- excessive tiredness
- upset stomach
- flushing (feeling of warmth)
- slow heartbeat
- vivid, unusual dreams
- swelling of the face, eyes, lips, tongue, arms, or legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- increase in frequency or severity of chest pain (angina)