600Mg Tablet (Extended-Release)
Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
Can not be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
(gwye fen' e sin)
Before taking guaifenesin,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to guaifenesin, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in the guaifenesin product you plan to take. Check the package label for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- tell your doctor if you smoke and if you have or have ever had a cough that occurs with a large amount of phlegm (mucus) or if you have or have ever had a breathing problem such as asthma, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis. If you will be taking the dissolving granules, tell your doctor if you are on a low magnesium diet or if you have kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking guaifenesin, call your doctor.
- if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, a inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation), you should know that the dissolving granules may be sweetened with aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.