Metamucil (Psyllium Husk Powder)
Product of Australia. Shipped from Australia. Metamucil is also marketed internationally under the name Metamucil Fibrecaps.
Psyllium Husk Powder Information
(sil' i yum)
Before taking psyllium,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to psyllium or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, including vitamins. Do not take digoxin (Lanoxin), salicylates (aspirin), or nitrofurantoin (Macrodantin, Furadantin, Macrobid) within 3 hours of taking psyllium.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes mellitus, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, rectal bleeding, intestinal blockage, or difficulty swallowing.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking psyllium, call your doctor.
- tell your pharmacist or doctor if you are on a low-sugar or low-sodium diet.
- be careful not to breathe in psyllium powder when mixing a dose. It can cause allergic reactions when accidentally inhaled.
- difficulty breathing
- stomach pain
- difficulty swallowing
- skin rash
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.