Miralax (Polyethylene Glycol 3350)
1g Powder For Solution
Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada. Miralax is also marketed internationally under the name Lax-A-Day.
Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Information
(pol ee eth' i leen) (glye' col)
- If you are using polyethylene glycol 3350 from a bottle, use the measuring line on the bottle cap to measure a single dose (about 1 heaping tablespoon). If you are using polyethylene glycol 3350 packets, each packet contains a single dose.
- Pour the powder into a cup containing 8 ounces (240 milliliters) of water, juice, soda, coffee, or tea.
- Stir to dissolve the powder.
- Drink immediately.
Before taking polyethylene glycol 3350,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to polyethylene glycol or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a bowel obstruction (blockage in the intestine) and if you have symptoms of bowel obstruction (upset stomach, vomiting, and stomach pain or bloating).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking polyethylene glycol 3350, call your doctor.
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.