Penicillin VK (Penicillin V Potassium)
Generic equivalents for Penicillin VK... What are generics?
Penicillin V Potassium
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Penicillin V Potassium Information
(pen i sil' in)
Before taking penicillin V potassium,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to penicillin V potassium, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially other antibiotics, anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin), atenolol (Tenormin), aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine such as naproxen (Anaprox) or ibuprofen (Motrin), oral contraceptives, probenecid (Benemid), and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease, allergies, asthma, blood disease, colitis, stomach problems, or hay fever.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking penicillin V potassium, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking penicillin V potassium.
- upset stomach
- mild skin rash
- severe skin rash
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- vaginal infection
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.