Lovaza (Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters)
Generic equivalents for Lovaza... What are generics?
Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from Mauritius.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters Information
(oh may' ga)
Before taking omega-3 fatty acids,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to omega-3 fatty acids including omega-3-acid ethyl esters, icosapent ethyl esters, and omega-3-carboxylic acids; fish, including shellfish (clams, scallops, shrimp, lobster, crayfish, crab, oyster, mussels, others); any other medications; or any of the ingredients in omega-3 fatty acid capsules. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); antiplatelet medications such as cilostazol (Pletal), clopidrogrel (Plavix), dipyridamole (Persantine, in Aggrenox), prasugrel (Effient), and ticlopidine; beta-blockers such as atenolol (Tenormin, in Tenoretic), labetalol (Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL, in Dutoprol), nadolol (Corgard, in Corzide), and propranolol (Inderal, Innopran XL, in Inderide); diuretics ('water pills'); estrogen-containing contraceptives (birth control pills, patches, rings, and injections); and estrogen replacement therapy. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have diabetes, atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter (conditions in which the heart beats irregularly); or liver, thyroid, or pancreatic disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking omega-3 fatty acids, call your doctor.
- ask your doctor about the use of alcoholic beverages while you are taking omega-3- fatty acids.
- stomach pain or discomfort
- joint pain
- change in the sense of taste
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.