Welchol (Colesevelam Hydrochloride)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada. Welchol is also marketed internationally under the name Lodalis.
Generic equivalents for Welchol... What are generics?
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Colesevelam Hydrochloride Information
(koh le sev' e lam)
Before taking colesevelam,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to colesevelam or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention the following: anticoagulants such as warfarin and metformin extended-release (Glucophage XR, Glumetaza).
- if you are taking cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune),, glipizide (Glucotrol), glimepride (Amaryl), glyburide (Diabeta), levothyroxine (Synthroid), olmesartan (Benicar), oral contraceptives (birth control pills), phenytoin (Dilantin), or vitamins, take them at least 4 hours before colesevelam.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a blockage in your stomach or intestines, high levels of triglycerides (fatty substance) in the blood, or swelling of the pancreas caused by high levels of triglycerides in the blood. Your doctor will probably tell you not to take colesevelam.
- tell your doctor if you have had gastrointestinal surgery, and if you have or have ever had any problem with the ability to digest or absorb nutrients from food, any type of stomach problem such as slow stomach emptying, or difficulty swallowing.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking colesevelam, call your doctor.
- if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation), you should know that the powder for oral suspension contains aspartame that forms phenylalanine.
- stomach or back pain
- muscle pain
- severe abdominal pain with or without nausea and vomiting